Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

Wasting one more minute of time and energy in the BC Conservative Party, by anyone, is sheer lunacy!



Out of respect to the BC Conservative Party, and to its members, I have held
back from stronger comments I have had around concerns for its future.  

NOT ANY MORE.   

Here and now I will publicly state that a majority (how large or small I do not know) of the BC Conservative Party Executive and Board do not have a bloody clue what they are doing.  In fact, they seem hell bent for leather in destroying the last scrap of credibility it has, small as it may be.

This was infinitely confirmed to me today when I received an email from Dan Denis, a former member, who in fact spent time as a member of the BC Conservative Executive a few years back.  In it, he stated that upon the urging of fellow conservatives, he had been encouraged to take out a membership once again.  They response of the Membership Chair Bob Bray, and by extension the Board and Executive of the Party, was to refuse it. Dan stated:

I have officially been refused renewal of my membership to the party 
by way of a written letter signed by Bob Bray, membership chair.

No reason has been given as to the refusal, and I can only assume the 
dictators currently at the helm are so focused on themselves and their private boys club they really do intend to bring the party to a bitter end


Here is the entire email that he copied me on, and that he has given me permission to share:


Hi ___ xyz ___,

Since your request to me and others to once again get involved in the BC Conservative party a few weeks back I have wavered on my decision, albeit more often against than for, as you are aware, but did actually renew my membership to ensure the option was available.   

Today, that decision has been made for me as I have officially been refused renewal of my membership to the party by way of a written letter signed by Bob Bray, membership chair.  No reason has been given as to the refusal, and I can only assume the dictators currently at the helm are so focused on themselves and their private boys club they really do intend to bring the party to a bitter end.  

It amuses me that the current board of directors would welcome back those who were completely responsible for the demise of the party prior to the last election, but subbed  those such as myself, Alan Forseth, and probably others we are not yet aware of who have been loyal, honest and hard working individuals.

A congratulatory remark was stated shortly after the leadership convention to the current leader of the party, "Congratulations Dan Brooks, you will go down in history as being the last leader of the BC Conservative Party."   There may be more truth to that than once thought.

I believe the next election is too close now to provide an alternate right wing party to British Columbia that could have an impact beyond giving the NDP an edge we certainly do not wish for, so we can only hold our noses and see to it the Liberals retain the seats they have and do not lose to the NDP.


Best regards,
Dan Denis


A week ago I was told that a grand sum and total of 16 people were registered to attend the AGM later this month.  Given that is roughly the total number of people on the Conservative Board, I suspect that is who is registered.

To see something that had such possibilities undermined and destroyed, for whatever reason as I cannot fathom anything but willful intent to do so, is sad beyond belief. 

To see the efforts put in by so many hard working volunteers be wasted is sickening.

To ensure there is no chance of winning ANY seats in the next provincial election, be completely guaranteed by this board and executive, is to callously disregard the wishes of the few remaining members of the party.

What the dissenters began, in destroying the BC Conservative Party prior to the 2013 provincial election, a majority (again I don't know how large) of Executive and Board Members are finishing.

In my opinion, there is no need to waste another nickel of party resources for the AGM.  On Monday morning they should simply call Elections BC and deregister the Party.  Wasting one more minute of time and energy in the BC Conservative Party, by anyone, is sheer lunacy!

In Kamloops, I'm Alan Forseth.  Feel free to let me know what you think, share your thoughts below.

Comments

  1. Hi Allan--I am registered to attend the AGM my first effort at being involved at this level. I am concerned that the constitution was changed with out a chance for the CA's to have the opportunity for input. I do know that if the AGM doesn't scrap what has been "passed" that my membership will be revoked BY ME!
    Bob Reid, Vernon


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PEATS: I am writing with a critical concern regarding the imminent closure of the Eljen Medical Clinic, a vital healthcare facility in our community

The following is a copy of a letter sent to me, which was sent to BC’s Minister of Health Adrian Dix. It is with regards to the impending closure of the Eljen Medical Clinic in Dawson Creek.   Dear Minister,   I am writing to you today with a critical concern regarding the imminent closure of the Eljen Medical Clinic, a vital healthcare facility in our community. The closure, scheduled for the summer of 2024, is a result of the utterly burdensome terms and conditions imposed by the bureaucratic Northern Health. As a result, Dawson Creek stands to lose four doctors who have made this city their home, and who wish to continue serving the people of our community.   The impending closure of the Eljen Medical Clinic is a significant blow to our city. Not only will it result in the loss of highly qualified and dedicated healthcare professionals, but it will also deprive thousands of Dawson Creek residents of access to their primary physicians. At a time when healthcare se

Selina Robinson: "You broke my heart . . ." (The Real Story)

The mildly Zionist, innocuously leftish and now ousted advanced education minister’s letter to her New Democratic Party caucus colleagues, explaining why she has resigned the caucus to sit as an independent. The letter is an historic document, an artifact of the disgraceful cultural moment we’re living through. It’s important. It’s also a scorcher. It’s gathering a heck of a lot of attention . I’m printing it in full here. I’ve been insisting that what happened to Robinson is a much bigger deal and a completely different story than the one we’d all been led to believe. The necessary background: My piece in the National Post: The despicable untruths behind Selina Robinson's political lynching . More importantly , a Real Story investigation: The Problem With The Selina Robinson Story. . . It wasn't true. What follows is the story of what really happened. Let’s just get into it. Apart from punctuation and spelling I replicate the letter faithfully, with some further comm

Long-time former BC Liberal supporter says, I am definitely not hanging in there with BC United

                              BC United leader Kevin Falcon I recently asked a political acquaintance of mine, about their current involvement with BC United.   I was much surprised with the response given the BC Liberals had been the recipient of a lot of their time and energy in the past. By request, their comments are posted anonymously : I am definitely not hanging in there with BC United. Kevin’s poor judgement in ousting John Rustad from Caucus, and then publicly humiliating him, might be the most inept thing I have seen in BC politics ... and I’ve been involved in BC politics for a number of years! I still think the impetus was John‘s involvement in the Ellis Ross leadership campaign for the BC Liberal Party, and how successful and respected (despite not winning) it was. I am uncertain about the tenor of the current Conservative movement in North America. The once proud Republican Party in the United States has allowed itself to be led by a person who is morally, intell

Labels

Show more